Thursday, November 5, 2015

TBT and a week from virus hell

My Timehop app on my phone is so much fun! It reminds me daily of just how far we have come in 3 short years. We married, found we were pregnant, lost a precious cousin, had a preemie, and bought a practice. Whew! While some of the memories are very raw with grief and unanswered questions, I'm also reminded of how blessed we are to have such an ornery, motivated toddler. It appears as of one year ago, our baby was learning to walk. I wasn't as good about blogging as time went by, so I'll add some memories as I currently blog. How fun is this? It was only a matter of a week or so and you were on the run!



At the Ollinger house, we LOVE the CMA's and I always look forward to them from the minute they start advertising them. Here's Slate showing his dance moves off during last years CMA's.



On a current note, this week was HELL. Last Thursday, Slate woke up with a fever from his nap. I figured it was teeth or a cold, but Chris insisted I take him to the Dr on Friday. Fly and strep tests came back negative, so we leave bearing the knowledge there's no meds to kill this illness. Courtney came in that day and was a huge help because Slate became sicker than I've ever see him. No sleep, coughing, fever that ranged from 101-104.1. You scared us, dude! She is a critical care nurse and by the grace of God helped me manage your symptoms and get your fever down. We had to resort to acetaminophen suppositories because you refused any oral medication and at the point where the border-line child abuse tricks and wrestling with you didn't work, Court went to CVS and got us the suppositories. Slate, you were pissed, but it worked! We finally were able to get your fever down and you rested as long as you were laying on me. Great snuggles, but no sleep for Mom. It has now been a week and you are finally beginning to eat again. Whew! Glad that's behind us!


You conned Doc McStuffins (Dr Scott) into giving you a sucker while we were at her office. Toot!


Lots of cuddle time....


I knew you were down when you refused to get up and play. You never sit still!


This is how we slept for 3 nights. Elevated in our bed and ON my chest. You don't fit as well as you used to since you are so big. :(


Snuggles with Dad....once again, the only way you would sleep. Thank goodness you are well. Glad that's done.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment