Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Bumpin' heads" and Crazy Snow


My poor baby is like a crash test dummy. I'm seriously considering wrapping him in bubble wrap or placing a permanent helmet.  The day after we put up Christmas decorations in December, Slate decided to climb up on a toy and grab a stocking.  Well, the stocking holder came off the fireplace mantle and nailed Slate in the forehead.  It cut his head opens and we proceeded to head to my OMS that I refer to and he stitched him up for me.  Geez....that was an interesting day.  My cousin, Dirk, has a little girl named Peyton...she was mortified when she saw Slate's head and kept saying, "Bumpin' heads, Bumpin' heads!" Sweet little girl is 2 and absolutely precious.  She very worried about Slate's noggin.  

He recovered and healed well with his first set of stitches and has now moved on to some serious temper tantrums.  Shoot. Me. Now. I'm talking, screaming, kicking, ugly, scare me to death fits!  Slate had a good one the other day and took off running with his eyes closed, arms flaying in the air, screaming, and ran right into a 90 degree corner.  Geez! 


We received 12" of snow overnight Wednesday night.  It was an absolute beautiful snow and much appreciated! You can see how peacefully it fell as its piled up on top of my flower pots. Thank you Lord for the wonderful moisture and snow day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment