Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shirley Fields aka: Grandma

Grandma Shirley went quickly and peacefully to Heaven on January 10, 2014.  "She is breathing easy and talking to Billy," is how my mother-in-law (Shirley's daughter) described it.  It was tough to see her go and she will be missed.  Shirley was a very classy, quiet lady.  I often times wondered if she liked me or not.  Ha! However, that was just her personality.  She was very kind, but didn't speak until spoken to.  I know Chris is heartbroken and it nearly killed me to see him hurt, but we are all assured she is enjoying Heaven and reuniting with her husband, Billy, who passed 16 years ago.  Here's to you, Grandma! I'm so glad you were able to attend our wedding, dance like nobody was watching, and met our precious Slate. Until we meet again....
This is Chris, Lance, and Grandma Shirley at our rehearsal dinner.  

Grandma Shirley meeting Slate for the first time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment