Monday, September 15, 2014

December 2012

Chris and I had been married a mere 2.5 months...life was good. Really good. Little did we know, our life as we knew it was about to be rocked like no other........we were pregnant! Yep. I opted for a pregnancy test one morning before work and HOLY MOLY! It was positive. I carried the weight of this news ALL day....I didn't want to tell Chris our big news over the phone, so I ran to Walgreens on my lunch break and purchased a card that read, "Spit Happens." Haha...it was the perfect card for the perfect surprise. I also included a little note that said, "You are going to be a Daddy!" He got home that evening, and we had plans to go eat dinner out that night. I met him at the front door and we got in pickup. I presented the card and 3 of the tests I had taken and he was just as shocked as I was. I think he read the card 3 times before he figured it out. However, we were both elated and couldn't believe that the good Lord had blessed us so quickly with a new addition to our family. We celebrated our big news over a delicious steak and I don't think either one of us stopped smiling the entire time we ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment